Request for Proposals (RFP) – Vermont Farmer Health
The Northeast Center for Occupational Health and Safety announces a Request for Proposals for our upcoming Vermont Health Mini Project. Click the button to begin your application, or continue reading below for more information.
In discussions with farmers and agricultural stakeholders, we have identified a need for continued awareness, education, and services related to the general health and mental health of Vermont farmers and farmworkers. The Northeast Center for Occupational Health and Safety (NEC), part of Bassett Medical Center, seeks to fund an emerging issues project addressing these concerns of the agricultural industry in Vermont.
The goal of this project is to provide educational sessions and preventive services for Vermont’s farming community.
Preferred Background of Applicant
- A history of working with the agricultural community
- Mental health background (applicant or other key personnel)
- Knowledge of mental/physical healthcare resources in Vermont
Scope of Work
- Creation and delivery (in-person or virtual) of targeted health trainings (e.g. 30-60 minutes per session) including but not limited to the following topics
- Stress reduction
- Mental health
- Provision of preventative health screening services for the farm community, including but not limited to the following
- Blood pressure checks
- Cholesterol checks
- Glucose or AIC checks
- Quarterly check-in meetings with NEC staff to discuss progress, troubleshoot, etc.
- Successful completion of interviews
- Completion of documents mentioned above in the Scope of Work
- Quarterly invoicing to the NEC
- Final report of summarized findings and recommendations for future work (template provided by funder) no later than 60 days after the close of the contract
Proposals of up to $25,000 will be considered. Projects must be completed by August 31, 2024.
Click here to see an example of a submitted budget needed for your application.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application and submit it by November 15, 2023. A proposal will be selected, and all applicants will be notified on December 1, 2023.